The question of comfort in the house or apartment is always open. Faced with a situation when it is freezing outside and the temperature at home is unpleasant. The question is especially acute when a person is sensitive to temperature changes, or when a child lives indoors. Systems for remote control of the temperature in the house or apartment can help.
The system has the following tasks:
- to maintain the set temperature;
- remotely turn on the heating or cooling in the room;
- to provide information about the current temperature;
- to send an alarm in case of an alarm or if the temperature exceeds the permissible value;
- remote control and regulation of the temperature.
Temperature control is performed in two ways:
- through Wi-Fi -router and “smart thermostat”, with the connection of a device that supports wireless connection. Convenient application for smartphone, tablet or PC will transmit all necessary information. With its help you can set the temperature and remotely control the heating of the house.
- GSM-module, which is relevant for places without access to wired Internet or its complete absence.
Temperature control remotely is the information in electronic form, transmitted at a distance. The way of transmission is cellular communication or GSM, Internet channel. All you need is an application on your smartphone and your ideal environment is already set up.
Most of the apartments today have heating boilers: gas or electric, and for private homes solid fuel boilers have started to be used. All of these options can be combined with one of the remote control tools. However, not all models support operation with automatics and sensors. Sometimes you have to either change the boiler, or pick up compatible equipment. In the latter case, a number of functions may not be available. Remote control of the boiler is realized by the following modes:
- Automated system – operation with maintenance of the set parameters. Based on the data received from the sensors, the temperature is regulated automatically and maintained at a predetermined level, or not.
- Sending alarm messages in case of emergency or repair situation. If such an accident occurs, the owner’s smartphone or other paired device will receive the appropriate notification.
- Sending SMS messages or commands via messenger – the commands recognized by the automation of the gas boiler are sent.
Remote control of heating in a country house, detached house or apartment is not a whim, but a reasonable solution. Heating control via the Internet or GSM-module allows you to control the temperature of heating. If the residents are not at home, the temperature can be reduced in order to reduce energy consumption. This option involves placing additional special equipment in the form of sensors.
To control the heating means to control the boiler, as it is the center of the heating system. Remote control systems for heating the house or apartment have become a common solution. For a summer cottage or country house, such an option is full of frills.
Heating control provides:
- Economy – heating intensity can increase/decrease depending on room temperature and weather conditions. Heating can be turned off when the environment warms up sharply. Thus, the owner will not have to pay for excessive heating and create better conditions for themselves. Savings with an autonomous heating system with remote control reaches a level of 50%.
- Adjustable microclimate, if there are a large number of people in the room, including children. “Smart” heating will not allow discomfort by reducing the intensity of heating.
- No freezing of the pipeline, which is relevant for most communications, located in the open areas.
- To prepare the house for the arrival of guests or after work. Remote heating control does not force the owner to go outside and heat the boiler. No more cold or damp.
- Zonal heating of the room with maintaining the temperature in individual rooms at different levels.
- Real time monitoring of the system.
- Timely warning of malfunctions.
- Extension of the service life of the equipment by means of optimized load.
We give preference to wireless networks because of the reliability and flexibility of setting up the system. As soon as the temperature in the room drops below normal, the sensor transmits a signal to a receiver connected to the boiler. Based on the signal, the desired heating mode is switched on. The advantage of the system based on the gas boilers is the wide range of possibilities to upgrade the automated system and the sensors to be connected. The heating level is easily adjustable in all parts of the heating system.
Another method of control is the thermostat. This option is suitable for older models of boilers, the design of which does not provide for the connection of three-way valves and other automatics. Universal thermoregulators easily combine zoning into a single system. In this case, the thermostat is connected to the Internet. It also includes an electronic controller that can be set up in minutes. The controller acts as a Wi-Fi transmitter/receiver, communicating with the electronic thermostats on each heating radiator.
Controlling room temperatures
Smart home systems allow you to localize heating. The microclimate for each room is programmed manually, and then the automatic algorithm comes into play.
For example, if you are not at home, what is the point of wasting gas/electricity? It is much more convenient to set a timer, after which the heating will turn on. Keeping the temperature and humidity different for the rooms. This feature is useful in larger homes with a cellar.
Set the desired mode will allow through the utility in the paired device!
Smart home independently of the user on the set parameters will prepare the conditions for sleep or rest, warm the room in a frightening cold. Control ventilation depending on the temperature and humidity in each room. The automatic heating system independently determines the necessity to correct the room temperature: turn the ventilation on or off. For convenience, the temperature mode is set on the control panel or mobile device.
What happens if you don’t control the temperature in the house when you leave?
If you leave the temperature uncontrolled for a couple of days, you don’t see much of a problem. However, this does not apply to trips lasting 4 or more days. A remote temperature control system sets different scenarios for maintaining the indoor climate under different conditions. The option is suitable as a temporary program, a long absence of the owner or a trivial opening of the window.
Absence of temperature control will cause fluctuations in the level of humidity, and as a result – favorable conditions for harmful microorganisms, damage to furniture, floor coverings and even blooming of microcircuits. Using the tools of our software and hardware, the user can easily adapt the microclimate of his home to his own needs. As the popularity of remote control systems grows, equipment manufacturers have developed services to remotely optimize the energy consumption of heating equipment. So you don’t have to worry about saving resources.
Fire safety when controlling the heating remotely
Since the system is planned to be frequently used remotely, a safety unit is necessary. It will provide protection against overpressure in the heating circuit, as well as prevent depressurization. By ordering the installation of remote heating control, the owner can not worry about fire safety.
Fire safety in a smart home works on the following principle:
- Prevents and prevents fire – continuously monitors the state of wiring, air composition, pressure levels. To this end, a set of sensitive sensors is installed. If the pressure in the system or the temperature of heating has reached the upper threshold – the system will automatically shut down until the temperature reaches the programmed minimum.
- If an increase in pressure is detected, a water or gas leakage is detected, the corresponding sensor is triggered. First of all, the gas supply and electricity are automatically cut off.
- The owner of the house or apartment sends a message about the accident.
Panoramic windows in a private home: should we fear the cold, condensation, thermal shock
Recently, a homeowner bragged about his modern cottage. Interlocutors agreed, yes, it’s beautiful. It’s made of aerated concrete, plastered. The construction itself with a touch of constructivism – simple geometry without frills. Fancy.
– But without floor-to-ceiling windows it looks like a parallelepiped, – suddenly confessed one of the interlocutors. – I’m sorry, I asked you to be honest.
– I was just afraid it would be cold with floor-to-ceiling windows,” the landlord admitted. – That’s why I did the standard ones. But the house was warm. And now I regret it. Yes, you could have had panoramic windows. But not too much.
More and more often homeowners are looking at such solutions – panoramic windows in the country house. But there are a lot of nuances that need to be taken into account. Many of them were discussed at the webinar of the renowned construction company GoodWood.
How much colder in the house with a panoramic window will be than in a traditional one?
The “warmest” standard windows have a coefficient of resistance of heat transfer R = 0.8, which corresponds to a bar wall of 100 mm. To get even more energy-efficient windows, you need to install two layers of insulating glass, but such solutions are rarely used.
For reference: the simplest single-glazed window has a coefficient of R = 0.3.
According to the founder of Good Wood Alexander Dubovenko, R=1,2 or 1,5 declared by some manufacturers is nothing more than a sly trick, which is not confirmed by anything.
In addition, a coating is applied to the surface of the low-emission glass which reflects heat waves, i.e. “leaves” them inside the room. And, as the manufacturers assure you, there is no condensation on them in the winter. I have seen such windows in a new modular house. Indeed, there was no condensation. But this year the winter was quite warm. Without severe frosts.
When installing such windows, experts recommend putting a convector recessed into the floor at the bottom. This will prevent condensation on the glass.
In one of the comments a reader of this channel told that after the installation of the window in the floor (by the way, it was a project of “Dacha Answer”) in the room was still noticeably cooler. But the designers have provided a built-in convector in the floor and additional radiators. So the panoramic windows really need more energy efficient solutions.
Another interesting trick is that in frame houses you can install glazing immediately in the walls without the frame and profile. True, it will be blank, with no ability to open-close. This, by the way, greatly reduces the cost of the entire wall and allows you to make a very modern design.
A few more myths:
1. It is not recommended to put windows in log cabins and houses with horizontal stacking.
This is a myth. In this case, a so-called trim box is used, which is a sliding system that allows you not to clamp the glass during the seasonal fluctuations of the wood.
2. There are standard window sizes that are not recommended to increase, because the glass unit will not withstand the wind load and will simply burst because of the large area.
In fact, the larger the size of the glazing unit, the thicker the glass and the greater the distance between the panes, that is, the chamber itself must be significant.
For conventional, non-tempered glass, the area should be no more than 2.7 meters. In the case of tempered glass, the dimensions can be increased.
3. In a wooden house is stupid to put a window with a plastic profile.
This was mentioned by some commentators in the material, where I told about the experience of wooden and plastic windows. But experts believe that we should be guided by expediency – price, technological features, aesthetics. Window profiles can be good as PVC, as well as wooden or aluminum.
According to Andrey Nikitin, the managing owner of BiTri, wood windows have advantages in the Far North, where the daily variations can reach 40 degrees. In addition, wood has a better bearing capacity, so when the large spans (over 2.7 meters) is recommended to use wood.
There are some more nuances of using these or those solutions in specific conditions, so you should always consult with experts who will select the best option, and it is possible that for a wooden house that profile will be PVC.
In general, standard wooden windows are twice as expensive as plastic windows. Wood-aluminum windows will add another 40% to that price.
Not only cold but also heat can pose a threat to windows. Panoramic windows can burst if they get hot in the sun.
In fact, “thermal shock” – a crack from heating and sudden cooling appears if the manufacturer has incorrectly calculated the thickness of the glass, the volume of the chambers. For example, on the south side of the house, it is better to put tempered glass, which will withstand the differences.