Building the architecture of the security system at home, office or sales area, sometimes you should think about how to hide security cameras. This will not only increase the level of security of the spaces, but also secure the expensive device from vandals.
If the camera is installed at home, it is desktop and not large, experts are ready to offer several ways to hide it from the prying eyes of a negligent housekeeper or naughty children. Among them:
- Using a bouquet of artificial flowers. Familiar to the eye plastic or textile roses or gladioluses will successfully help to disguise the small device. The only inconvenience is that you will have to dust them yourself.
- A soft toy. It is quite possible to sew the camera and install the toy in such a way that the power cords are not visible. So that the bear or hare will not become victims of children’s games, they can be vintage, become part of a carefully stored collection.
- Needlework boxes. A large and convenient container for threads, needles, rhinestones will allow you to conveniently place a small device in it. You will only have to sacrifice the integrity of a beautiful chest and make a hole in it for a camera eye.
- Light switch housing. The camera will have to be mounted in the wall, but this solution will completely protect it from prying eyes and solve the problem of power supply. To implement the project, you will have to involve professional renovators. You can also mount the camera in the wall separately from the light control devices, but it is better to do it in inconspicuous places – under the window sill or between the joints of furniture, while making sure to preserve the desired viewing angle.
- Bookcase. This is the simplest solution, the camera is easy to get lost among the array of books, magazines, figurines and photos, usually decorating the shelves of the bookcase.
- A table lamp with a large lampshade. It is behind it that no one would guess to look for a tracking device. Also, the device, which has a ceiling type of mounting, with success will be able to be placed behind the curtain rod.
- The camera, which is located at the entrance to the apartment, on the staircase, can easily be hidden in the body videophone. There can also be placed in the body of the lamp, paying attention to the fact that it was transparent, not frosted. Some masters place the camera and in cabinets, which are located in the power meters.
Camera in a public space
The video camera ensuring security of the trade hall, restaurant or office, placed on the ceiling or on the wall, is more difficult to disguise. Professional security cameras must have a good viewing angle, they can be given out and running backlight, indicators, and a sudden turn of the eye on the object of surveillance. Among the basic solutions:
- Disguise the camera as a fire alarm sensor. This will require some financial investment and modification of the housing, but the effect will be striking, the device will not be noticed.
- Place the camera in the computer or its monitor, replacing the regular device or simply by placing it under the casing of the system unit. This is a good solution for sales rooms. There it can also be placed near cash registers.
- Install the camera in flower pots placed on restaurant window sills. In a cozy cafe with a lot of household items, you can implement all the solutions used in a city apartment.
Office spaces don’t provide many opportunities to disguise a video camera. In filing cabinets someone is always putting new folders, bookshelves are actively used. The solution can be a picture placed on the wall, behind which the device is placed. You can also spend money and buy a double-sided mirror, placing the camera behind them will help to create a perfect viewing angle.
The most difficult to hide, disguise the video camera, located on the street. The contours of the house wall, entryway or fence are always clear and predictable and any projection will be seen as a likely location of the monitoring device. At the same time, the camera should provide both control of the adjacent territory, and check all entrances to the house, and monitoring of order in the playgrounds for children’s games. Among the acceptable options are:
- Place the device behind carved window casings or in any other decorative elements of the house;
- Place the video camera at the base of the weather vane;
- Installing the device in the intercom;
- use a mailbox for this purpose;
- place the camera in the bird feeder, this solution requires hiding the wires. It is possible to place decorative lighting on the same tree, which will provide the necessary power.
All ways to hide the camera must ensure its safety from changes in temperature, rain and hail, so the chosen method should provide not only the stealth of placement, but also the safety of the enclosure. It is also worth considering that collecting video information without informing citizens about it is punishable by administrative fines, so the placement of hidden devices without warning that the territory is under video surveillance is allowed only in private spaces.